I have grown up in an area of the country where potatoes(Potato Kugel Recipe) are a huge part of our diet. Here is an age old potato kugel recipe(Potato Kugel Recipe) that I got from my mother some time ago. I love a good potato kugel recipe and this is one of the best. I hope this settles your belly and pleases your tastebuds as much as it has mine. Feel free to add this potato kugel recipe(Potato Kugel Recipe) to your collection and enjoy it as often as you want. I absolutely love this dish. This is also a great dish when reheated and eaten as a left over.
Potato Kugel Recipe(Potato Kugel Recipe):
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 medium chopped onion
3 pounds of peeled and quartered red potatoes
3/4 cup matzo meal
2 teaspoons of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1. Saute the chopped onion in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil on medium to medium high heat. Saute while constantly stirring until tender but crisp. Set these aside until needed.
2. Place the potatoes in your food processor and pulse to a finely chopped mix. Place in a colander and drain for 10 minutes.
3. Beat the eggs lightly in a large bowl with a wire whisk until well beaten. Add the potatoes(Potato Kugel Recipe), the matzo meal, the sauted onion, salt, and pepper and mix well.
4. Spoon into a well greased baking dish. Brush the top with the remaining tablespoon of oil.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until the top is browned and the edges are crisp. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into desired serving size squares.
Incredible Potato Kugel Recipe(Potato Kugel Recipe)